Crossfit Dupont Archives
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
Tex | 19.04.2012
“Squats may be the answer to everything, but they make me hungry.”
Cap City Olympic Weight Lifting Open this Saturday!
CrossFit Dupont 1st Birthday Party, Saturday 7:30pm, Buffalo Billiards Dupont Circle.
Squat 5×3 @ 80% 3 RM
Complete 2 rounds for time:
50 DB Push Press w/ Palms Facing – 50 lbs
15 Broad Jumps
*During the round if you set the DB’s down without completing all 50 reps, complete 5 burpees immediately upon setting the DB’s down. You can rest with the DBs on your shoulders, but can not set them down without a penalty.
Post times and number of penalties to comments.
Last week I posted an article about having a freaking goal!, and two months ago I wrote a post about having a goal and spreading the word with friends and coaches, here. To help get you started on writing (or re-writing) some training goals for yourself your Dupont coaches have listed some of their training goals.
1.Top goal for me is to hold a 10 second one arm handstand. I am currently hitting 3-5 seconds consistently.
*Progress requires me to improve my shoulder and hip flexibility to a great degree, which is an added plus. I have stopped trying to figure out a timeline for this goal, as the skill is incredibly challenging/frustrating, but I’d like to see consistent 10 second holds by year’s end.
2. My next goal is to close a #3 Captains of Crush gripper, which takes about 280 lbs of force to close.
*I can currently close a #2.5, which takes about 240 lbs of force to close. This has been a goal for awhile, but I need to put it as a top priority if I’m going to make that final push. I’d like to see this closed in the next 6 months. I will be prioritizing my grip training over lower and upper body work.
3. I want continued progress in my lower body strength/Olympic lifting with a back squat of 405 lbs x 3, a snatch of 100 Kg, and a clean and jerk of 137.5 Kg.
*I’m currently hitting 350, 90, and 120 in each respectively. These are not top priorities, but continuing the training plan that I am on, and I can hit or make significant progress toward these numbers by year’s end.
4.Last goals are various upper body strength skills. I’d like to hold a solid planche for 5 seconds and an iron cross again for 3 seconds.
*I am holding a straddle planche for that long, and my iron cross training has always been plagued with injuries. I will continue to push the strength forward and look for these goals by year’s end.
1. DL 1RM goal of 300# by 1 September – Current 1RM of 272.5#
*I will continue to follow the amateur progression on CFFB until I plateau for the second time. If I have not reached a 300# DL at that point I will proceed to collegiate prescribed progression.
2. In conjunction with DL goal: Flip the largest tire at Dupont
*Continue with strength and grip work associated with deadlifting.
*Integrate flipping the 2nd to largest tire into my Saturday “field training” to maintain efficient technique and explosiveness.
3. Complete a muscle up by 1 June
*Follow the progression laid out by Jim with an emphasis on developing and improving upon my limiting factor, the false grip.
4. Snatch 135# by 1 Oct – Current 1RM of 125#
*Regularly OH squat 135# to become more comfortable with coming “out of the hole” with a heavier weight OH.
*Technique! Technique! Technique!
5. Compete and PR at 1 powerlifting meet in the fall.
1) Proficiency in double unders
*to me this means 15-20+ consecutive on demand
2) Increase deadlift to twice bodyweight (360#) by #Occupy Strength.
*Previous PR is 335, which was on the heels of 8 weeks of Starting Strength progression. This will require, among other things, a lot of work on my posterior chain, particularly my hammies.
3) Compete in my first USAW Oly competition this year.
1. Crossfit Football Total of 1400 at Occupy Strength in mid-June
*currently around 1325
2. Attack my weaknesses of muscular endurance and conditioning
3. Apply my soon to be obtained Olympic lifting certification in both regular classes and perhaps start up an Oly Class once Quint leaves
1. CrossFit Football Total of 1450 at #OccupyStrength
*Current 1425. Power Clean-255#, Squat-415#, Bench-345#, DL-415#.
*Lacrosse is over, so my ‘I don’t have any time’ excuse no longer applies.
*I will commit to Mobility WOD, doing one per day of training.
*Yoga once a week. Period.
*Supplement gymnastics practice into training regularly.
*Free hand stand hold 10 seconds, handstand walk 20m.
*Further understanding increasing performance through my training.
*CSCS test in June…